One of the more common facts about Spanish Food is that garlic and olive oil are used to flavor any dish. This presents Spanish cuisine as simple and very down to earth.
Here are some interesting Spanish food facts you may want to know:
- Spain makes more olive oil than Italy or Greece.
- Saffron also comes mostly from Spain.
- They also grow a lot of white grapes. They, however, are famous for red wine.
- Paella used to have chicken, rabbit and pork as main ingredients. Today, it is mainly known as a seafood fare.
- Tapas refer to a way of eating food.
- Fried fish was first made by the Spanish.